Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow community,

I am new to whitewater kayaking. You could consider my experience to be a complete noob :) Over a year ago I became so completely obsessed with kayaking. I've had a lot of struggles in my life and kayaking gives me this freedom and love that just can't be matched by anything else in life. Living in Dallas Texas gives me very little places to go. I have set my heart on moving to Oregon, and fulfill my dreams of kayak at every minute I have . My hopes here are to meet new people I'll be able to enjoy my experiences with. By all means not trying to be a pro here haha but nothing beats the adrenalin of watching videos of kayakers hucking a big waterfall or flying down some massive class five rivers. My question is how out of reach is this for most people? Believe me I understand practice, scouting, safety, knowledge, and skill amongst many other things come into consideration. I am in no rush to jump into class IV (duh) none the less III haha at any point soon. But I'm not getting younger (25) and I want to get to that point some day in my life and travel the world running big volume rivers and huck some big waterfalls. I'd love all class waters but those are some dreams and hopes I have. How reasonable is my hopes with tons of practice over a long time. Feel free to tell me your stories. I'd love to hear from you guys and get your feedback. Much love!!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts