Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so for the past 3 years I have lived at the N.C. coast so the only paddling that I did was flat/tidal waters. Now I have moved to the Mountains in NC and I have wanted to get into whitewater since there are so many rivers to run with in 2 hrs drive. and also since liquid logic is made 5min from the house and pyranha also distribute out of Asheville. The problem that im having is since I haven't done any WW i have no idea what type boat to get. The problem is I want a boat that I can develop my skills but also be versitile. I still have a lot of friends on the coast who i would want to visit and go paddle with. Im afraid that once I get into it im really going to go head first into it and if I get a true WW boat then it will be awful to paddle at the coast. Alternatively if I get a Crossover then i wouldn't be good for WW. Since in my area we have the Green River, Natahala, Ochoee etc. So I'm reaching out for any advice. the boats that im considering are:

Crossover:
Pyranha Fusion
Liquid Logic Remix XP 9

WW/River runner
Pyranha Burn
Liquid Logic Remix 79 or some similar.
(im not against other companies but I like that they are local)

I have paddled the Burn twice on the french broad at slow and low levels. But havent had a chance to paddle any of the other ones. Im leaning towards the fusion as it has a full bulkhead with ww pedigree but i just dont know if it would be the right one. I want to make sure that if im going to buy a boat it will be great.

So I need some guidance or if anyone has had any experience with any of these or any other suggestions would be great.

Thank you all

·
Registered
106 Posts
I don't know squat about these boats. In my experience with automobiles, bicycles, skis, etc., etc., it is a rare thing indeed for an item designed to accommodate two differing purposes to excel at either. Also, beginner gear just frustrates me and makes me hate the sport. Anymore, I start with mid-grade if at all possible.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Worked selling boats for years in NC.. You need to figure out if you want to really get into WW boating ?
If so buy a real WW boat.. Remix,mamba,burn or whatever fits and rent a boat a t coast
Not knocking xp or fusion but they don't excell at anything.. Only thing they are good at are overnight big water trips ...
Like grand,salmon,Dino out west

1 - 8 of 8 Posts