Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the southwest area. I'm interested in flow and information for the Durango creeks, (like Lime) and Crested Butte area (OBJ).

What are things looking like for this year? Best time to go? What is the best way to meet up with other boaters?

Thank you. I appreciate the help and information.

·
Abron Cabron
611 Posts
Welcome to the Desert...Hope your gills arent drying out too much yet..:mrgreen:
so best bet, besides checking the buzz of course, is Get to know some of the folks at your two local boat stores, cks, coloradokayak.com, in BV, and 4corners in Durango. https://www.riversports.com/ they know the flows for the Ark, CB, & Animas area creeks better then anyone further away.

If you want to come check out the Rio Grande, Rio Chama, or any of the easier runs in NM, pm me and I will go paddle anytime i am available. for class V you need to hit up some of the Taos and Durango Locs. they come down when there is flow, usually early season (like march/april, while its still frozen up north) I believe the Embudo is still running low, but we just got more snow this weekend.
Also look at American whitewater.com for flows, and Riverbrain.com for runs descriptions.
check out the old and New testament of Rocky mtn guidebooks: Whitewater of the Southern Rockies, and Colorado Rivers and creeks, and also River gypsies guide to north America for the premier V stuff. I have read all those cover to cover just...because.
I love to know whats out there even if i wont ever get on it..
SYOTR

1 - 3 of 3 Posts