Mountain Buzz banner

New to kayaking

Tags
kayaking
2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  mark_vanis 
#1 ·
Hey guys and gals. Just had a good friend give me a wave sport project x 64 when he couldn't take it with him on his move. So a little background on me. I have kayaked before. Mostly just on ponds fishing out of it but this play boat thing is entirely new to me. His skirt was way to small to fit me so I'm going to need to buy a new skirt that fits me. Im 5'9 200lbs and wear a 34-36 pant so any advice would be great and i will also need a new paddle. He took his paddle with him. I guess it was already buried before he realized the boat wouldn't fit in the haul. So i will need advice on length and brand. I'm not looking to break the bank but would like to give this a try. Im pretty excited for this actually. Is there anything else you guys recommend for a noob like myself.

#3 ·
I would get a paddle off craigslist. Also if you don't have a white water life vest then get one! The vest should cost you no more than $100. You don't need a fancy one... yet

Sent from my LGMS323 using Mountain Buzz mobile app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.