Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just moved to Grand Junction from North Georgia (gainesville) and am itching to get out and paddle. I've been paddling since '06 and have been regularly paddling class 4 since about '07, though for some reason my roll isn't as snappy as it used to be so I've been sticking with class 3 and low-consequence 4 lately (recovering from hand surgery - saggital band rupture).

If anyone wants to show a former SE boater down some western slope runs, it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Welcome to the Grand Valley! It's a great place to enjoy the outdoors. The closest big water is Westwater Canyon, about an hour away. You need a permit but are sometimes easy to get mid-week. I may even have an opening coming up. Glenwood has several different runs. The Shoshone run has solid class 3 rapids. If you're just looking for something casual float through the valley. There are 8 public access points, the views are great. Wet Dreams is the local boating store. Explore and have fun.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I lucked out and already got an invite for a Cross Mountain trip tomorrow!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts