Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! I just moved to Westminster, CO from Virginia. I'm looking for the best play spots around this area, and any potential paddle buddies. Please let me know the good places to splash! Thanks!

·
Registered
95 Posts
hello va2co, i am actually moving to virginia next month. augusta county to be precise. what type of paddling did you do there? my wife and i are newbies, 2yrs with duckies. i just recently bought both of us prijons and the end of this season. are there any good clubs in that area so we can take some classes, learn to roll and meet with paddle buddies ourselves? thanks for any info. and welcome to colorado! i will miss it here indeed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Augusta County is a pretty far South from where I came from. I recommend checking out Paddle Prattle:
Paddle Prattle

Other than that I'm not sure about clubs in that area. You're not to far from the Maury River, which has some fun rapids on it, and once you guys get that roll the New River is only 3 hours out and the Gauley is just down the road from there! I'm pretty jealous about that one!

Good Luck on the East Coast!

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Welcome! The season is dying down. Playboating especially. You still have some options on the Colorado River for river running and floating. Fluffy Muffin or M-Wave might be in this fall still. Some others might have better ideas.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a lot Cutch! Are both of these on the Colorado?

·
Registered
774 Posts
Not sure about the Fluffy Muffin, but M Wave will be in until the end of the month. Both spots are in Colorado, the Muffin is below Blue Mesa Dam on the Gunnison and M Wave is in Montrose.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's actually Ohiopyle Falls on the Youghiogheny River.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So what waterfalls are good around this area?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Exactly.

Then again, I am probably just an SOB frontranger who expects his recreation to be close, awesome, and involve no traffic delays.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts