Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

wanting to do a bit of canoe fishing I bought an Old Town Predator 133. It has just arrived and the hull appears to have a significant dent in it. I have attached a picture. What I need to know is, is this normal for this type of canoe, if not should I be sending it back to the supplier or will it straighten out on it's own.

Thanks for your help, Paul

Attachments

·
Registered
498 Posts
Well first of all you are new to boating as you have room in your garage.;) That looks like it will pop out. Step on the inside and set out in sun. In the future inspect when the delevery man is there then if it is damaged refuse delevery. If it does not pop out to your liking you have the pic with it still somewhat wrapped so you should be OK. I would also send pick and question to manufactuer just to CYA. sj

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
If you leave it out in the sun it will probably pop back out, if it doesn't - return it.

Old Towns are super durable - a friend of mine wrapped one around a rock on a river, when he pulled it off it was totally smushed. After heating the plastic a little with a torch the hull totally popped back into it's normal shape.

·
Registered
206 Posts
get a new one

I would send it back too. A brand new boat should not look like that. It isn't your job to try to fix it. Send it back and get what you paid for.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thx all for your advice. I was reluctant to send it back as it took a month to get to me so as suggested I left it out in the sun and it popped out after about an hour or two.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts