Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I like the looks of it. I wish that the color graduations when displaying "Percent of Median" or "Percent of Average" were better - like red to orange to yellow to green to blue to purple. The current display makes it hard to differentiate between say 50% and 75% or 130% and 170%.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Nice! I like it, especially all the options to filter the data. For example, for Colorado percentage of median, with basin boundaries and watershed labels:

NRCS National Water and Climate Center | Mapper 1.1

Still poking around, but looks really good to me so far. I wish they had more info on what the different options are though. For example, what does "percentile" mean? Percentile of what? What is POR? I see POR min, max, avg and median, but I have no idea what POR is.

I can't get the reservoir storage to show me anything either. Knowing how full the resevoirs are could be handy to know. My impression is this last season was so good partially because the resevoirs were already full and the ground saturated from the floods in 2013.

Edit: Just realized you can click the dot for the reservoir and get detailed info. Duh.

·
Super Moderator
4,369 Posts
Here's the Colorado basin by basin SWE Graph page for anyone that wants to keep seeing it like that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.