Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the privelage to be one of the fly fishing guides for the National Distributing trip on the San Juan for the last two years. They always bring tons of new products. This year they brought a great beer called Gorden Biersch, the best part is it coming in a plastic bottle with a micro glass liner that keeps it from tasting like plastic. The glass liner will not break. I still would prefer to use cans for river trips, but this stuff goes down way easy :D

Gordon Biersch | Beer

Cheers,
bs

·
Registered
224 Posts
Glass lined? like Keystone Light? except you can't crush it? awesome!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Last Westy

The girls made a new drink:
Shot of Patron
aerosol canned whip cream chaser =

Mexican blowjob!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Some liquor stores also sell margaritas in power form, just add tequila and some triple sec. The bar mix that they sell at Liquor Mart is fairly good and it helps save on weight/packing space.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
For river trips, nothing will ever top PBR for beer and Jack for hard in my book.

·
Kjirsten
1,483 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'll have to agree with Randadddy on this, Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey is the best! Jim Beam makes a couple of the best, regular Beam for the budget, and Knob Creek if you have a couple extra bucks. PBR is as fine a river beer as any, but I'll have to go with The King of Beers and it's ability to be frozen solid and put in the bottom of the cooler to keep the others cold and still maintain its taste and drinkability, leaving you with ice cold beer days after others are drinking river temp beer from the drag bag.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Economize space and get hammered fast =Everclear and powdered Country Time lemonade,not as good as everclear and grape slurpee but there aren't alot of slurpee machines in a canyon:D.Agreed, Reverend Jim tops Jack ,pbr = good & cheap.Pilsener Urquell comes in pint cans now.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I'll have to agree with Randadddy on this, Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey is the best! Jim Beam makes a couple of the best, regular Beam for the budget, and Knob Creek if you have a couple extra bucks. PBR is as fine a river beer as any, but I'll have to go with The King of Beers and it's ability to be frozen solid and put in the bottom of the cooler to keep the others cold and still maintain its taste and drinkability, leaving you with ice cold beer days after others are drinking river temp beer from the drag bag.
Booze snobs on the river? My heart breaks as I realize I'm getting old.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey is the best! Jim Beam makes a couple of the best, regular Beam for the budget, and Knob Creek if you have a couple extra bucks. PBR is as fine a river beer as any, but I'll have to go with The King of Beers and it's ability to be frozen solid and put in the bottom of the cooler to keep the others cold and still maintain its taste and drinkability, leaving you with ice cold beer days after others are drinking river temp beer from the drag bag.
There's a plan! No one said anything about Rye Whiskey. WTF???

·
Kjirsten
1,483 Posts
The difference between Bourbon (Jim Beam) and Sour Mash (Jack Daniels) is the rye.

There's a plan! No one said anything about Rye Whiskey. WTF???

·
Registered
78 Posts
A mason jar of the good stuff with a fresh peach slice or two is a damn fine way to enjoy some white lighting... a real space saver and it packs quite a punch.

·
Renaissance *******
1,288 Posts
We happened on a new one the last day of Deso. Had some leftover pepper vodka from bloodies and mixed it with grapefruit juice in the morning. Called it Groover Fruit. Tasty!!!

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
We happened on a new one the last day of Deso. Had some leftover pepper vodka from bloodies and mixed it with grapefruit juice in the morning. Called it Groover Fruit. Tasty!!!
This from a man who would order the "Ass Breath" pizza in Durango. Not sure I remember all the ingredients, but I know anchovies and jalapenos were part of the spread.

·
Kjirsten
1,483 Posts
It was surprisingly better than it sounds- but maybe that was partly because it was day 7 of an 8 day trip and all the beer was warm.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts