Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a new raft to replace an old haggard Hyside. Its a whale of a boat especially for fly fishing, which is what I mostly use it for, day and overnight trips. Is there a difference in PVC rafts? are they lighter? are they harder to repair? Also wondering about AIRE rafts, any opinions or help would be awesome. Cheers

·
Kjirsten
1,483 Posts
I love the Aire boats for their durability and stability in whitewater, but if you're looking for a lighter boat- go with the Otter. It's Hypalon with no bladder and practically carries itself.

I am looking to buy a new raft to replace an old haggard Hyside. Its a whale of a boat especially for fly fishing, which is what I mostly use it for, day and overnight trips. Is there a difference in PVC rafts? are they lighter? are they harder to repair? Also wondering about AIRE rafts, any opinions or help would be awesome. Cheers

·
Registered
15 Posts
SOTAR is having a pretty good sale this weekend. I love mine, went from the haggard hypalon Avon. The handling of the SOTAR is definitely better with the lexatron, it's way stiffer and tracks better.

·
Registered
71 Posts
If you are working on a budget look at the air tributary. It is a PVC boat that aire manufactures in china. They are good boats and much less money.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts