Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Are there any new boat christening ceremonies people do with their rafts? I'm obviously not going to have my wife bust a bottle of champagne across the front tube. LOL

My new 16' raft is almost done and going on it's first trip on the Upper Colorado river this Saturday.

Thanks. Here are some photos (I just came in from putting the last bits of herculiner on the decking).

Me picking the boat up at AAA Inflatables

Decking being built and tested for fit.

Liner on the decking.

·
Registered
358 Posts
For every rmr boat you buy you must adopt a little Chinese child. Think globally boat locally. That thing looks saggier then rip van winkle's nut sack

·
Registered
447 Posts
Really >4000 yarmony will flip?

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
This is when the rock gets covered 4kish center top of rapid, if you go over it theres a chance of flipping happens all the time to people who have no clue what they're doing and the few who hit it on purpose. The bottom left of rapid starts to get bigger too, hard to believe I know, someone flipped there last weekend. Last year around 5k no joke we saw 3 boats flip in a row all greenhorns went right over the rock like sheep following the leader.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Not exactly PC but when I got my first boat, a blue SuperPuma, I was so excited I moved all the furniture in my tiny apartment laced in the floor and blew the thing up in my living room with a shitty NRS pump. The neighbor girl was over boozing and we got in the boat together. Needless to say, me fingers got to third base and was the first time I got the boat a wet.

True story and a damn fine way to christen the vessel :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Not exactly PC but when I got my first boat, a blue SuperPuma, I was so excited I moved all the furniture in my tiny apartment laced in the floor and blew the thing up in my living room with a shitty NRS pump. The neighbor girl was over boozing and we got in the boat together. Needless to say, me fingers got to third base and was the first time I got the boat a wet.

True story and a damn fine way to christen the vessel :)

This made me laugh hysterically.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't think the wife and I are going to sex it up with the 14 year old along. He would not appreciate it.

·
Super Moderator
4,058 Posts
I vote for this. Although with the hipsters raising the price of PBR, a northwestern Rainier or Olympia might work.
Can you still get Milwaukee's Best or Schaefer?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Give 'er the ol 'sevylor' and pour a small amount of PBR on it; then drink the rest.
I thought the ol Sevylor was falling off the back while drinking PBR and trying not to spill it. At least that's what most of my memories of my old HF 360 are comprised of.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts