Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weird Question, I bought a 2020 mini-me on end of season this past year from Cascade Outfitters. Took it out once and washed it in the dark after purchase, then left it inflated on my other boat in the garage until last week when I was on a San Juan trip. Upon rolling up the boat, I noticed there was a floor patch near the nose of the boat. It is very uniform, in both shape and placement. It doesn't make any sense unless it is a factory thing that I was not aware of, or that cascade put it on and failed to mention it.

I am wondering if anybody has any knowledge of what might be going on here?

Also wondering about contacting Cascade. I'm not sure how I feel about the money spent, but I do know I want to know the story should I ever sell the boat.

any thoughts or experience with this from folks?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
John, Thanks so much for the reply, provides clarity. On a side note, your frame performed admirably. There was no water in the San Juan so we left the 14 at home and took the 9 footer. We had 2 people accounting for about 300 lbs plus 10 gallons of water, a 50qt Yeti and group gear to the tune of about 300 more. I was a little skeptical about the narrowness of the seat table, but it was perfect for the stove, pots and pans and utensils. It kept the larger counter free for food prep and delivery. I kept looking for nuts on the captain bench to make a second table. Also was wondering if you ever considered a bar to make a cooler box in the frame? I moved the front bench far enough forward to allow the 50 in front of me in the captains box, then strapped it forward so it would not slide. I sat on a rolled PACO for some seat height behind the cooler and it worked great, but with the water under the captain bench and the cooler in front the floor pooled water. Getting the cooler up would have made for less drag the last two days.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts