Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Day Folks,

I have a cheapo 12v electric pump that I've used for many years thinking/hoping it will kick the bucket every time I use it. I'm considering getting something nicer as a replacement. I do have the big NRS barrel pump and child horsepower. So this search is more of a luxury item. I'll be honest, theBoatPeople's ad for the Blow Pro 420 AC was got me started on this journey. That one looks bomber and a nice bang for the buck, but looks be too powerful to run off car inverters.

Has anyone had experience with either of these, or have more suggestions?

Cheaper but I don't have already kobalt batteries, and is only battery as source.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-24V...-Air-Inflator-Power-Source-Battery/1001464244

More expensive, but I have dewalt battery packs. Plus it has 3 power source options, and has high pressure uses as well.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/DEWALT-110...-Power-Source-Battery-Car-Electric/1000632717

·
Registered
2,009 Posts

·
Registered
4,182 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The only problem I see with the leaf blower types is getting a good seal to the valve. Mr Gear Garage said he had someone make him a special adapter piece. I don't have that same someone or a 3D printer. I get that you'd still get a good inflate without that tighter seal, but like I said - I'm looking for the luxury item version. A luxury item, in my eyes, would be a perfect fit.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also, I do own the small k-pump. With the addition of a barrel pump, it's been relegated to backup duty. Which usually means being strapped to the frame all season and never moved.

·
Registered
Aire 156R & Super Puma
163 Posts
I use the same Makita blower as in the above video. It's amazing. It easily blows up multiple raft, cats, IKs, etc on a single charge. Disclaimer: I still top off with a hand pump.

I just emailed the person that makes the valve adapter for the Makita (also as seen in the video) and hopefully will be picking one of those up soon. That should eliminate the poor seal from the leaf blower to the valve.

RMR, Hyside, NRS, Sawyer, K2 coolers, Whitewater Worthy Trailers, Frames and soft goods
548 Posts
I use the same Makita blower as in the above video. It's amazing. It easily blows up multiple raft, cats, IKs, etc on a single charge. Disclaimer: I still top off with a hand pump.

I just emailed the person that makes the valve adapter for the Makita (also as seen in the video) and hopefully will be picking one of those up soon. That should eliminate the poor seal from the leaf blower to the valve.
A poly pipe slip on splice works perfect. I use a heat gun to put a clear piece of Vinyl tubing on the end that goes in the valve. Just like the end of Carlson pumps.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mtn Viking, thanks for the info on the adapter. I have been thinking that someone should invent something like that. I like the Makita blower because it is small, but I have it because it fits my battery system. Pirate, if you have dewalt batteries, you should go with that. It is a real pain to start using multiple battery systems. Fortunately, you have two blower choices that will work.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Mr Gear Garage said he had someone make him a special adapter piece. I don't have that same someone or a 3D printer.
The guy who makes the adapter has his email on the video. Remove AT to email him. pondomotoATgmail.com. I got mine in 2 days from Calif.

·
Registered
Aire 156R & Super Puma
163 Posts
$20 something?! Yesterday I was charged $35 for the adapter and shipping. Haha Supply and demand I guess..

·
Registered
223 Posts
I literally bought a trailer because I was tired of this. Before that I just cut the bottom off a soda bottle duck taped it to a black and decker leaf blower and just tapped the mouth to fit. Worked great.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts