Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, long time whitewater kayaker just recently switched to an Aire Sabertooth to get the kids out on the water. However, I am thinking about buying a frame for the occasional solo runs and would like to know what you guys run as far as frames, length of oats, etc... I know a lot about yaking and whitewater but I'm finding out I'm pretty ignorant about inflatables. Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hey bengler,

I've had a sabertooth for a couple years now. First of all it's a great boat, I love it! I've driven a few of the other paddle cats and the aire is definitely my favorite. For a frame I use NRS parts and went with 54" width. The center line on the tubes is 48" so that would be the proper width but I feel like the wider frame rides just fine on the boat and it lets you use slightly longer oars and get a little more leverage. Right now I have 7.5' oars and they work ok but they are too short. I'm actively looking for 8' or 8.5' oars. I'll probably keep the 7'5's though for technical creeky type of runs. Let me know if you have any other questions. Enjoy the boat, it's super fun and versatile.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts