Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK someone out there in this online wake of buzzards has to have the BETA on rafting in Cuba. Our supreme leader has begun to open the door to our neighbors island and I'm ready for jungle rafting! Anyone figured out yet the cheapest way to get a boat into Havana? and which of the collectivos is the best and/or most reliable to the Guantanamo region? Can you buy BIC lighters?

Actually I'm intrigued by the unknown (to me) possibilities of running a Cuban river with rum and a good cigar. Any comments........cheers

·
Registered
220 Posts
Cuban whitewater is pretty amazing from what I hear. My neighbor is Cuban here in Vegas. He tells me about the waterfalls they would swim over. He also said many people in homemade canoes where droppin the falls. He made a reference that a few of them looked like the canoes had explosives in them when they got the water. Cuba gets a lot of rain and it's super humid all the time. The water is warm. He thinks most of the creeks he boated where class IV or so. The runs he did where short but intense. Seal launching had to be done most of the time to enter the creeks. It ain't much beta but it's some fuel to the fire to boat Cuba. Viva La Cuba!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

1 - 5 of 5 Posts