Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Folks,

I'm excited to be a part of this group! My name is Laura and I recently moved to Denver. It has been a few years since I did any ww kayaking, but looking at all these gorgeous rivers, I am so excited to get back into it! I have all the gear I need, and I am comfortable in class II water. I've spent some time working on a greenland roll, but need practice and want to learn a ww roll. I'm looking to get out on some local rivers and gain experience with seasoned paddlers. Any suggestions on where to start (paddling clubs, trips, etc.)?

Thanks!
Laura

·
Super Moderator
4,251 Posts
Laura,

Welcome to the Buzz and to Colorado! I'd suggest you contact Colorado Whitewater as they often have training camps and outings that may be good for you.

·
sunshinesallie
15 Posts
Hello Folks,

I'm excited to be a part of this group! My name is Laura and I recently moved to Denver. It has been a few years since I did any ww kayaking, but looking at all these gorgeous rivers, I am so excited to get back into it! I have all the gear I need, and I am comfortable in class II water. I've spent some time working on a greenland roll, but need practice and want to learn a ww roll. I'm looking to get out on some local rivers and gain experience with seasoned paddlers. Any suggestions on where to start (paddling clubs, trips, etc.)?

Thanks!
Laura
Hey Laura,

If you’re on Facebook, both Front Range Kayakers and Ladies of the Whitewater Community are great groups to join for resources to get out paddling with new people.

The girls group isn’t Colorado specific, but I do know there’s been quite a few get togethers/roll practices on the Front Range posted there when I had Facebook not too long ago.

Happy paddling!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello Folks,

Thanks!
Laura
Laura,

Welcome to the Buzz and to Colorado! I'd suggest you contact Colorado Whitewater as they often have training camps and outings that may be good for you.

Awesome, thank you so much! I am sure I will be at their events in the future!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Laura,

If you’re on Facebook, both Front Range Kayakers and Ladies of the Whitewater Community are great groups to join for resources to get out paddling with new people.

The girls group isn’t Colorado specific, but I do know there’s been quite a few get togethers/roll practices on the Front Range posted there when I had Facebook not too long ago.

Happy paddling!
Thank you so much! I hadn't heard about these groups, yet. I am joining as many as I can right now, so I will definitely check these out.

Cheers :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
The filter plant Stretch north of Ft Collins on the Poudre. Great Class 2 for Beginner. Might give it a couple weeks to clear up.

·
Premium Member
2,537 Posts
Welcome to Colorado and to the forum!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts