Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's looking like I may need to take a trip out to Durham New Hampshire in the middle of May. Does anyone know anything about the boating out there and where I can connect with paddlers if I go out? How about shops for rentals, I don't think I'll drag a boat along.

·
Registered
156 Posts
If it rains on snow there'll be plenty running. Ledyard is a canoe club @ Dartmouth College in HAnover, a bit of a ways away-- you can google them and they can at least get you some beta, if not a boat.

·
Registered
99 Posts
There's some amazing stuff to hit up in that area, but you'll need some rain for sure.

The only shop in the area worth checking out for gear and rentals is Suncook River Kayak, just outside of Concord (probably 30-45 min. from durham. The owner, Kerry, is super cool and will usually hook up demos for free if your buying somthing.

If your out there and there happens to be some rain/runoff going on, I'd recomend hitting up the follwing (most within 1 hour of durham):

The North Branch of the Pemmigewaset (sp?) in NH - IV to V
Wells River in VT - IV
The Contoocook in NH - III-IV
North Branch of the Contoocook in NH - IV to V
Warner in NH - IV
The Sawyer in NH - V
The Swift in NH - IV
CrackPipeWave in NH - manchvegas park-and-play

If there aren't any flows, maybe you'll catch some swells over on the NH/ME coast.

Also, you can track down other boaters in the area on NPMB.com.

Have fun.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts