Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering a move to NYC to pursue grad. education at the New School. I currently live in gunny and i'm scared for my kayaking if this move becomes a reality. any feedback on runs or playholes within a days drive (that won't give me some funky diseases) would be appreciated. will this move destroy my heart by denying my favorite past time? the opportunity to study in the middle of manhatten at this school is a once in a lifetime chance. please help!

·
Registered
145 Posts
There are a lot of boating opportunities within a day's drive. Check out the Northeast Paddlers' Message Board (www.npmb.com) to get the scoop. One could make the argument that boating is better out there, since there are more rivers that run year-round, and there are ocean waves when the conditions are right.

Your biggest challenge, if you choose to live in the city, will be finding an apartment big enough for your gear, and affording parking for a car.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

yeh the cost will be huge. i'm still deciding whether i can afford 100 thousand in debt plus living expenses, all in the face of leaving paradise.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts