Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all-

I've been testing out the new NRS Crux suit all spring, and just wrote up a detailed review. The Crux is a significant upgrade from the NRS Inversion. Bottom line: the suit is dry, comfortable, and stylish. It lacks a few minor details/features that come with a top end Kokatat suit, but it also comes at a more reasonable price tag.

Check out the full write-up: NRS Crux Review

Let me know if you have any questions about the Crux.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hey David. Thanks for the write up!!! The 2014 Crux is on sale now. Wondering if you have any more updates? is the suit still holding up? I can get a new one right now for 450$ seems like a no brainer.

did you fix that separating velcro piece?

I am trying to make a decision ASAP. so if you see this please help a brotha out! Thanks!

do you recommend it still?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey! Glad you liked the review.

Since May I've put in about 80 more days with the crux, give or take a few. That includes my personal paddling days, working all summer as a raft guide in Norway (where I was wearing the suit almost every single day), and a quick trip to Austria for the Sickline.

Long story short, the suit is holding up great coming close to 100 days. I did manage to fix the velcro closure quite easily with just a bit of aqua seal. Unfortunately, one of the wrist closures also had the same problem a few weeks back (that was also an easy fix). All in all, I'd say that is a pretty minor durability problem at this stage in the suit's lifespan. The same issue is coming up on my Sweet Supernova Drytop that has far less use.

The suit is still keeping me dry. Zipper is holding up great. The socks on the suit are the only area starting to leak a tiny bit, but so long as I don't spend a ton of time standing around in the water my wool socks are still staying dry after a paddling session. Dry enough that I often don't need to change my socks before putting my street shoes on.

Basically it is holding up great and for $450 I think it is a good deal. Let me know how it turns out if you end up getting it.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Thanks for following up so quickly! really appreciate the feedback. I will probably pull the trigger. seeing as how I will probably only use this ten days a year ( I have drytop, pants, sweet shadrach pants. ) so I have other options, this will just be for the coldest paddling days of the year. so it will probably last me many seasons!

thanks again! happy paddling! ( soon to be skiing unless you are going south) :)

·
Registered
506 Posts
GratefulOne, if that is an online sale would you please share the site. Thanks. I am also looking for a dry suit. That's a good price.

Jim

·
Beginner
2,470 Posts
My NRS Expedition dry suit has about 100 days by now and is still perfectly dry with zero durability issues. On sale at wholesale I paid about $300. Hard to justify Kokatat with an option like that!

Grateful, you'll want to use it more than you think. I used mine in the IK during every month this summer - I just don't wear much under it. It's so nice to stay dry even when swimming a lot!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts