Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm ready to buy a new creek boat and wanted to get some input. I'm 5'8 165 & 30"inseam, pretty new to this and just got my son a new fluid bazooka, really like that boat but they are sold out and won't say when they will have new boats available. Any suggestions for a good creek boat for someone fairly new to it?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've had problems in my other boat with my legs coming out of the thigh braces when I roll and haven't been in a Jackson, are the braces fairly aggressive?

·
Registered
312 Posts
I've had problems in my other boat with my legs coming out of the thigh braces when I roll and haven't been in a Jackson, are the braces fairly aggressive?

That is likely an adjustment issue.

I'd highly recommend calling a local whitewater kayak and canoe store and demo kayaks. That way you are sure to get a boat you enjoy. They can also help you fit the kayak so your legs don't come out. Around here, demos are quite cheap, and the money spent demoing is applied to any purchase, so it ends up free if you buy from them.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a lot, I'll try that!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Wavesport Recon 83. It's forgiving, fun, boofs easy, rolls easy, and is super tough. The seat is amazingly comfortable. The only bad thing is that it is heavier than most other boats. Good luck in your search!

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Another shout out for the 3rd degree burn! And depending on how much mank you want to roll over.... I'm still stoked on my ammo for less than hair ball runs!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts