Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Superpipe made its debut yesterday. It is now 22 feet tall, up from 18 feet previously. From the base I figured it was closed to the public, because everyone was flying out of it, and doing big tricks. It was open to the public, it just had lots of rippers dropping in and the line was long enough to discourage most of the gapers. Riley (8) and I (40), were not to be deterred. After waiting 5-10 minutes we got our turn. While I found it intimidating for sure, the transitions are way smoother, even when experienced on my back side.

Riley didn't waste any time stepping it up. After a few runs he was getting it just over the top and landing clean. Our helmet camera made its debut on his head too, but the footage is marginal at best.

Very much looking forward to watching him progress in there this year.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
it sounds like they will be hosting the qualifier for the upcoming Olympics. I would count on it to be well maintained till then.

·
Super Moderator
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, Woodward is pretty slick. Not cheap though. After landing a big 3 into the foam, he figured it was time to try a back flip. Pretty scary watching him land on his head, even into the foam pit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts