Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like a Yeti but half the price. Claims to hold ice longer. They don't offer a large line yet but sounds like they will have a 125 by the end of the year. Worth checking out.

https://www.rticcoolers.com

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
193 Posts
wow, good thing they didn't waste money on having their manufacturer to do something like a major redesign from the yeti molds... id love to hear the conversation Yeti has with their manufacturer's rep when they see these. probably need more bleeps than a redneck reality show!

·
Registered
320 Posts
About time someone made a high end cooler that doesn't cost a mint.

·
Registered
462 Posts
wow, good thing they didn't waste money on having their manufacturer to do something like a major redesign from the yeti molds... id love to hear the conversation Yeti has with their manufacturer's rep when they see these. probably need more bleeps than a redneck reality show!

Those things (Yetis and these) are basically cookie cutter coolers out of China where patents are traded like bubble gum. I had a friend that was setting up a connection with a chinese manufacturer I had planned to help him fill his first connex box with some of these coolers, rafts and kayaks. His little project fell through though.

·
Registered
552 Posts
"Half the Price of a YETI* Cooler
& Holds More Ice!" ---RTIC website

Say what? So is it larger without being larger?

·
I'm right 50% of the time
899 Posts
A buddy just sent me a link to these last night. I'm going to order the 65 and see if I can shove it in the small boat. With a 60 day return policy, I have nothing to loose.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I get a big laugh out of US companies that design stuff then send it to China for cheap manufacturing. The Chinese industrial types must be joking big time about how short sighted us Americans are when it comes to business.

Far as I can see from reading news reports about China, there is zero to minus zero concern about following the rules USA based companies must follow to build stuff.

I am not saying the China industrial complex cannot build decent gear. But it looks like quality depends on the follow up on quality control before paying the bucks. It also looks to me like any US Company that sources stuff out of China has to understand their ideas are likely to be shared to the next highest bidder, regardless of copyright etc US laws.

I have spent a ton of money on Yeti coolers and the quality has been good.

If and when I do need another cooler, RTIC will certainly be on my list to check out.

looks to me like RTIC has figured out how the cooler made in China but sold in the US game is played.

·
Registered
858 Posts
All of yeti's coolers hold less than their number. There is a very informative thread with a yeti CSR trying to explain that they are numbers for marketing not units of measurement.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app

·
Paddling in to the Future
574 Posts
All of yeti's coolers hold less than their number. There is a very informative thread with a yeti CSR trying to explain that they are numbers for marketing not units of measurement.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app
Yeti's marketing sort of sucks then. would be like Chevy putting a 2500 on the side of a truck, but really it's a 1500 (because that's the next closest thing down)

then they charge $100 to $200 more for a cooler with similar specs that is larger than theirs. Just poor marketing.

Also with yeti, you only have a 2/3 chance of getting a cooler manfuactured in the US, (because two of the manfacturing facilities are in the US, and the 3rd is in the Phillipines) Personally I went with a Grizzly cooler over yeti because of price and actually being made in the US.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Ahhh... I guess it's due time for another cooler thread? What color are they offered in? Can I get one to match my new raft? I don't want one if I can't get it in yellow.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I was always under the impression Yeti was made in USA. Some components are from the Philippines. I don't own one, but they do keep ice for a while.

Would these make a solid dry box option?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Ahhh... I guess it's due time for another cooler thread? What color are they offered in? Can I get one to match my new raft? I don't want one if I can't get it in yellow.
As soon as I can figure out how to transfer all the stickers I'm selling my Yeti 120 and getting a Canyon 75!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts