Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there know how the construction of the new features in BV are coming along?

I've been watching the Avon park come together as I ride home and it looks like its gonna be a good one. If all of the features work as designed, we should have some good play here in Avon, CO.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It is coming along nicely....They aren definitely out there working hard. The goal of the feature they are currently working on is to make a feature similar to the 2nd hole in Salida...user friendly for beginners through advanced but dynamic enough to do any trick in the book in. Cant wait!

I'll try to get some pics and post them as construction evolves.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
They have re-done the one (lower) spot and added another. So there will be 3 in total next year! :lol:

We will see what the water of 07 brings - as of now they are in and look good.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
so they took some of the bite out of the second feature?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Started over from bedrock - it is a totally re-done spot in the same place.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
I loved the lower one this season. It had the perfect amount of trashiness but still had great play. It was pretty good for simulated river beatdowns, too. You know you're in a good hole when you can roll up numerous times in it :D.

COUNT

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
At higher flows I stayed the heck out of there (insert wimpy man comments here). As the little blue guy says on the commercial. It scared the poop out of me.

·
Registered
735 Posts
The new wave/hole is done and good to go at 200 cfs. Folks are surfing and spinning and having a blast. The bottom hole has been rebuilt and looks great too. BV should now have 3 great river features and new trails to accommodate paddles of all abilities. Come enjoy some fall boating

G

·
gh?

at higher flows, i jump right in there.

i really enjoy the BV features till about 2000 when it gets washed out.

you can pull great tricky woos at 1700 cfs?

anyone want to paddle this weekend?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts