Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Does anyone tried any of the newer boats designed for smaller people or kids?

I am 4' 11" 108 lbs. I had a Jackson Fun 1.5 previously but found it difficult to hand roll - with much practice I know that would change :) I might return to that as it is a great river runner for such a small thing! But I would like to try some of the newer designs first.

Since I may be assisting with kayak instructionals, I think I would be most interested in river runners (with play potential).

Thanks!
Annie

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
I'm 5'1" and love my S6 (190). I've done everything from big water to playboating in it.

COUNT

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Annie - maybe we can paddle Deckers again this season! (this Linda from Coloradokayakers). I am going to look for a Trigger to try - I sold my Siren and RPM. Let me know if you try the Trigger - I'd like to hear what you think.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hey Linda, Scott from the COyakers here, Confluence Kayaks has last years demo Triggers @ 575.00 in good shape and this years to the changes were in the hippads

The EZG 42 is listed for boaters 80-140 lbs you might want to look at it to.

See you on Deckers.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks!

Thanks!

Thanks to all for sharing!

Linda, Rasdoggy -- good to hear from you too! Thanks for the warm welcomes 'back!' :)

As for the Pyranha S6, I can't find specifications (width, length, weight, cockpit size, etc) on the website. Can anyone provide any details?

Thanks again!

Annie

·
Registered
49 Posts
The pyhrana s6 190 is

44.1 gal
length = 6'2"
weight = 31.2lbs
width=28"

sugguested weight range is 88-165 lbs

I bought my from a girl who was probably around 4'11". She fit pretty well with the right amount of foam. I'm 5'5" and I believe that would be the max to fit in the boat. good luck with your boat search and maybe we'll see ya on Deckers.

Later
mike

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
The cockpit of the S6 fits small people really well, though you'll need about 6" of foam in front if you want good foot purchase. Once you're in it nice and snug though, it's awesome and will do anything.

COUNT

1 - 13 of 13 Posts