Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, I know you get the same question "what boat should I get" all the time but heres what I am looking for. I noticed that most to all kayakers here are WW types and that seems like a ton of fun. I am going to school out on lake michigan and want to paddle some of those waves. Not only that I really want to take some weekend or overnights up a small creek near campus. I have been looking at some Necky rec boats but they seem like they can't handle anything big at all but they do have some space for gear. Is there a best of both worlds boat out there that can ride some waves and then kick it for a sweet relaxing weekend? Thanks.

·
Registered
200 Posts
wave sport for the waves up there and a nomad if you wanna hit the creeks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i am 5'11'' 160 and am just looking for a boat that I can ride some waves with and have some over nighters on a creek near campus. Class 1-3 maybe but nothing huge. I would just like to find a sporty boat with space for gear. It would be nice to have it track perty well on flat water too! Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a perfect boat for what you want to do. It has lots of space for overniters and is a fantastic boat for big waves. It's a Perception Corsica. I'm 6' tall and 180# so its guaranteed to fit you. It would need a spray skirt if you want to run whitewater, otherwise maybe not. It tracks better than 99% of whitewater kayaks because of its long length. It has a slow leak under the seat so would need to be duct taped before a trip. $125 takes it. Call Ron at 303-444-5718 or email me. I'm in Boulder.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Corsica

You know there Ron, You might get more money for a Corsica by selling it to a museum. Just an idea.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts