Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i'm new to this and just got a new Wavesport XXX (34.5 x 18.5 cockpit) - i'm looking for a skirt for it and having a tough time finding one. Just wasted some money on a used one that doesn't fit. I'm tired of this.

Anyone got any advice for me? Thanks.

·
Registered
569 Posts
That's weird I thought the XXX is the standard size skirt. Most manufactures make a standard large cockpit skirt that should fit the XXX. Unless you got a really small old skirt. Used skirts are not that great an Idea to begin with. Simply because people don't usually part with them unless they are ragged or they are the wrong size. Any shop could tell you if the XXX is a standard size and the cheap skirts usually start around 50 - 70 bucks. they work well the more expensive ones are 100 to 150 and generally just last longer. They all hold well unless you are paddling a riot or an old prijon. Otherwise the standard large should fit most boats. I have to say I have a bomber gear skirt that I have had for at least three 100 + day/ year seasons and it is still holding like a champ. I got the mamba(slightly larger) size simoly because I don't like breaking my thumbs getting on my skirt.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mountain Surf also make a skirt that should fit the xxx. Their model with the kevlar edging is a little harder to stretch on some boats but their standard is bombproof and should serve you well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts