Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get myself a pair of river shoes since my sneakers I have been using smell like they were left in the amazon and something crawled inside, died, and has been rotting inside them for a year...you get the point. Also my gf keeps telling me every time I wear them the chance of some bizarre foot fungus invasion multiplies.

Anyway, I don't have much extra cash to spend. I was going to go to walmart and buy a cheap pair of water shoes for <$10 or something, but gave amazon a try, and like always, amazon has everything you could ever want to buy. Usually with amazon prime available. If you don't know what that is, look it up. For like $40 a year you get FREE 2 day shipping on almost every item they sell. So I found a few cheap wetsuit bootie options. In particular, these which I am interested in trying out:
Neosport Wetsuits Paddle Low Top Boots

They look decent. Does anyone have any opinions/experience on these shoes? They look pretty identical to the NRS Remix but $20 cheaper.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have a pair of them. Meh. No significant traction, they are very flexible and don't give a lot of protection from sharp rocks - but I find this to be true with most Neoprene booties.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like they will do.

I'm not sure if I want to go with a low top ankle exposed or a higher top, over the ankle style.

Is there a difference between the two besides the over the ankle keeps your feet slightly warmer in cold weather? Any functionality or preference differences? Are the lower tops easier to squeeze into a playboat?

·
Registered
308 Posts
I have some of the high tops. Grip sucks, but otherwise ok. The water is always cold here, so I wear mine in the summer to. They fit fine in a playboat.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I got a pair of the new NRS desperado shoes this year, I like them a lot. Occasionally my feet get too hot in them but they have a thicker bottom so rocks don't hurt so much. I use them for SUPing and kayaking.

NRS Desperado Wetshoe at nrs.com

I like ankle coverage because I've scraped my ankle on rocks while in the river and scrapes on my ankle bone suck IMO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts