Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Living in Laramie, WY need a WFR for springtime boating. Let me know if you know where to get one in CO or WY.

·
Registered
26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Chelsea,

I know the outdoor rec dept. offers a WFR in the spring here in Laramie.
I don't know how early you need it. They offer it in March. You can check the outdoor adventure bulletin or ask them in their office in half acre.

On another note I am going to run Bluegrass this weekend. You can get me at 745-0745 or [email protected]

get a hold of me.

Steve

·
Registered
123 Posts
I got my WFR with First Lead. Their website is www.firstlead.com and they have a course in Golden on November 12-20 this year. cost is $595 and they were GREAT!

I highly recommend them- I took my course in November of 2003 and I feel I could handle just about any wilderness emergency.... within reason.

Check them out! It's a small company and the owner does the instruction- His name is Peter Muckerman and here's the writeup of his credentials from the website.

The primary instructor for the course is Peter Muckerman. Peter is an accomplished trainer; a Wilderness EMT-B, an EMT Instructor, and is past medical director for an experimental education/wilderness adventure therapy program for youths where he assisted and treated dozens of patients in the backcountry each week. Also, he is a veteran First Aid Instructor for the American Red Cross.
Hope that helps! Golden is probably 2-2 1/2 hours or so from Laramie so it's not TOO far.

Lauren

1 - 5 of 5 Posts