Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my buddy cut out his overflow valve and we're wanting to put another overflow valve in it. Anyone done this before? Any clue what type of patch we should use? Thanks in advance!

·
Sponsoring Vendors
1,425 Posts
Interesting.

Why wouldn't you just unscrew it? I have had a couple over the years that wouldn't budge so I just rebuilt the guts through the fill valve hole.

Sounds like it is a little late for that though so I would do an inside and outside patch using the same material and Stabond for glue.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Cascade River Gear formally Cascade Outfitters

I would give AIRE a call, the repair crew there is awesome and can walk you through what you need to do! (800) 247-3432 is their number, good luck. Keep it Right Side Up, Renee

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting.

Why wouldn't you just unscrew it? I have had a couple over the years that wouldn't budge so I just rebuilt the guts through the fill valve hole.

Sounds like it is a little late for that though so I would do an inside and outside patch using the same material and Stabond for glue.
He ripped it pretty trying to get the valve off, so out of frustration he cut the rest out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts