Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ready to hang up my old splash top and can't find one with a neoprene and velcro waist band like my old Stohlquist. It seems like manufacturers are moving to a drawstring waist.

Can anyone recommend a splash top with Neoprene/Velcro waist, wrist, and neck closures? I don't need latex gaskets, a breathable fabric would be a plus.

Thanks!

-AH

·
Super Moderator
2,836 Posts
Andy, I've got an old rainbow designs splash top that i haven't worn since '95. It is built as you describe. you are welcome to try it out. I use a 12 year old dry top for the purpose you describe. Gaskets are super loose and comfy.

·
Super Moderator
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dave! I'm up for checking it out. I'm not only looking for myself but also for Christine - the water proofing on the inside of both of ours is starting to peel off and they're more like "damp-and-clammy-tops" than what we'd like to have. I'll contact you offline about the Rainbow Designs top - if it fits you, don't you think it would be a bit baggy on me? After all, you're not only the kind of guy that we can all look up to, but we have to take a step just to look around you as well! :D

If anyone knows who makes splash top with neoprene neck, wrist, and waist closures but no latex gaskets, please chime in. I'm actually on the market for some new gear as the season gets underway.

Thanks,

-AH

·
Premium Member
674 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Bomber gear has some tops on Ebay for 180.00, no larges at that price though. His tops have neoprene over latex, and are breathable. I bought one for the wife and she seems to like it. You could trim the latex back and have a sweet top.

·
Registered
711 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
David,

Thanks for the input. I may get them.

Have fun on the GC - tell Blair and Terri I said hi and that I really wish I could've come along. Glad that it worked out for you!

-AH

1 - 7 of 7 Posts