Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to transport a Tundra 160 Cooler from Bozeman, Mt to Ceiba in Flagstaff. It needs to be there by Feb. 10th. UPS is over $200 and Fedex is similar. Anyone headed that way or have ideas as to how I can get it there more economically?

·
Registered
419 Posts
$200 is crazy. Look into a LTL carrier. What kind of cooler? Might be better to just buy a new one.

·
Misspellingintothefuture!
1,901 Posts
Dose it make sense to rent one from Ceiba, if no luck transporting? Doesn't look like they have prices for it on there website.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Renting

It would be sensible to rent from Ceiba however they don’t have one available for our trip time that would fit in my frame opening.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I think they wanted $75 to rent one for my 2017 trip. I've heard some of the other companies comp the coolers for the trip (even when you are bringing your own boat/gear) if your group is renting gear and doing a food pack with them.

I ended up getting there a few days early so they could pack it. Never quite understood why they need it so far in advance. A day seems like plenty of time to put food in a cooler. I could see if they were gonna freeze ice directly in the cooler or something, but they just pack it with block ice like normal.

Good luck with finding a ride for your cooler....definitely a pain in the ass to ship it.

For $200...its almost worth buying a new cooler from Canyon Coolers and having them drop it off.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rental cost

We were quoted $100 rental cost for our 24 day trip. I think that’s fair but they didn’t have one available that would fit in the space I have for my Yeti Tundra 160. I’m sure I’ll dind a way to get mine there. They prefer to have them at their facility 2 weeks prior to launch date.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dimensions

With a cardboard wrapper it would be roughly 46.5 inches long, 22 inches tall and 20.5 inches wide weighing in at 58 lbs.

Thanks!

·
Registered
396 Posts
The issue you run into with ups and the same one I can’t get around is your large package designation. You can look up their definition but essentially if your total dimensions are more than 130” they take it to you. (L x 2+w x 2+h x 2). Sorry I couldn’t help you. My bulk discount does not apply to large packages or to LTL freight.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the help and advice. It looks like Ceiba has found a rental option that will work for me. Ceiba has been very helpful and their assistance is also much appreciated.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts