Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all so I'm looking at two kayaks but I am possibly interested in purchasing. The first one is a kinetic Wave Sport. The other one is a pyranha inaZone 222. I am more into River Running then play boating and occasionally do overnight trips. I'm just wondering everyone's opinion on What boat would be a better fit for what I do? I know they are older boats but not to concerned about that. Your feedback would be appreciated. Let me know what you think thanks all and be safe. Also I am about 5'8 150lbs

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
You typically can't overnight in a playboat. Both of the boats you listed are more of a river runner, and you can overnight but need to pack super light. If you want a whitewater/camping boat you really need a creeker.

That Kinetic is a late 1990's design. IMHO not worth more than $200.

The Inazone 222 is a more modern (albeit 2000) design. IMHO it would be a better boat and should fit you. Go up to $300-400, but see if the seller will throw in a skirt and paddle.

You can find newer design used boats out there. (I've never bought a new WW boat)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok great thanks. That's kind of what I was leaning towards I can get the 222 paddle and skirt for 250$ so not too bad it is just convenient and local so no hassle trying to pick it up. Thanks for the advice happy paddling/rowing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts