Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been kayaking for a few months now and i nedd some help finding a good play/freestyle/rodeo boat, thats a good beginner and intermediate boat so if you could help me out that'd be great.

Thanks
Matt

·
Registered
9 Posts
Matt,

I would suggest one of the long playboats that are currently being marketed at river running playboat. The Liquid Logic CR125 and the Dagger RX y are much more playboat than river run, but are still easy to handle down river.

I have a Liquid Logic CR 125 and at 180 lb, I can flatwater cartwheel it. The extra length (a whopping 4 inches) really slow things down well (not the hull, but you can react a lot slower and get away with it). I am getting medium speed, controlled cartwheels in the hole and on an eddy line.

I picked up the boat to run stuff like Clear Creek; fun cartwheel hole at the top, then continues class 4 fun all the way to the take out. It really is a do anything go anywhere boat, and I am enjoying the entire river (not just the hole anymore).

The Liquid Logic 125 is for sale if you're interested (budget is stretched a bit thin lately) and could let it go for $550 if you're interested. Have a skirt also.

Let me know,

Chad
740-707-7885

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
buy a good playboat and dont buy a compromise boat, go to a local shop and demo several. agent, ronin, 420 and one of the jackson stars. all of these have differences but you have to decide which one works for you. i have seen quite a few people moving to the star series.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts