Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Pete, Im sorry, but Glenwood Springs has already claimed the World Class WWP title......Just playing, anyways, what exactly are you looking for as comments? In terms of how it should be built, or who should build it? Shoot me an email if you feel free....love to here how our neighbors wwp is coming along!

Thanks
Ben Guska
[email protected]

·
Registered
790 Posts
Ben, good question, and I cant speak for Pete, but if you go to the above listed website, you will see that its basically gonna be up to the BLM whether or not they allow a WW park to be built alongside a fishladder that they are strongly considering. When proposals for modifications or improvements are announced for projects on/managed by public lands management agencies, the agency usually allows the public to comment for a certain period to support or reject the proposal. Public comments are pretty highly considered by the agency usually, and having lots of people voice their support is usually the only way to get something done.

So, I think what they are looking for is a letter to the BLM (the website gives you a contact name and address) voicing your support of a ww park in that location and why it would be a good thing (letters with substance go way further). It seems like it would be a great spot for a park to me (maybe potential for year round paddling???) and would love to see it happen.
All those who feel the same should check the website and send in a letter.... I think the public comment period ends pretty soon, so get on it!!

Cheers,
C. Menges.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts