Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to take my family on the Upper Skagit this Summer as a Christmas present for my father-in-law (avid rafter with lots of Class IV experience), but I'm having a heckuva time finding a raft rental company anywhere close. Does anyone know of a good place to rent a whitewater raft near the Upper Skagit River in Washington? As far as I can tell, the nearest place is up the Skykomish in Index.

Alternatively, does anyone in the Seattle/Everett metro area have a raft they'd be willing to rent out for a Saturday?

I'd prefer not to do a guided trip as this is something my wife and I both did in our respective families growing up and we'd love for it to be a family-only adventure.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
I am not from the area, usually you can find local information through bike, outdoor shops, etc. in the surrounding towns
Hope this helps and your father-in-law likes his adventure present

·
Registered
471 Posts
I moved to Bellingham for a few years and towed my raft out on the Penske truck. I was amazed how few boaters there were in WA. I did the upper Skagit numerous time and never saw another boater. The Twisp and Methow rivers over the pass are also lots of fun and have a few more boaters. I never saw a rafting store the entire time I was there. I'm sure there is something in Seattle but slim pickings elsewhere. Sorry not much help

·
Registered
9 Posts
I want to take my family on the Upper Skagit this Summer as a Christmas present for my father-in-law (avid rafter with lots of Class IV experience), but I'm having a heckuva time finding a raft rental company anywhere close. Does anyone know of a good place to rent a whitewater raft near the Upper Skagit River in Washington? As far as I can tell, the nearest place is up the Skykomish in Index.

Alternatively, does anyone in the Seattle/Everett metro area have a raft they'd be willing to rent out for a Saturday?

I'd prefer not to do a guided trip as this is something my wife and I both did in our respective families growing up and we'd love for it to be a family-only adventure.
Discobob,

I've got a 14' Achilles self-bailer with a stern frame, and just a day trip center frame. I've got PFDs, paddles, oars...most everything you need with the exception of clothing. The boat is rolled in my garage, but I do have a trailer upon which to transport it as well.

Please get in touch here and we can see about getting you and your family on the water. I'm in Puyallup, but I'm sure we can work something out.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I paddle out of Bellingham, and know that section reasonably well. I have an NRS E136 I could provide either with frames (mid or stern), or set up as a paddle raft. Let me know-

1 - 5 of 5 Posts