Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you looking for a pair of stout booties for paddling, the PAYETTE is finally here. After a season of testing last year they are in production and in stores near you already. The Payette can be found at the following retail locations:

Denver - Confluence Kayaks & Telemark
Buena Vista - CKS
Durango - Four Corners River Sports
Taos - Taos Mountain Outfitters
Jackson Hole - Rendezvous River Sports

A big thanks to those of you who helped with the testing and development of this new bootie - get in touch with me.

Get 'em before they're gone.....

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
follow the lil link

Christine -

It looks strikingly similar to the product image you will find if you follow the link above. HERE it is again just for you though :wink:

They are made on a unisex last, sizes 7 - 14 and you shouldn't have any problem fitting them into a creekboat.

Here's a picture of an early prototype we were testing last Spring. We went to great lengths to test every imaginable aspect of a booties' uses...including proper drainage of beer. :cool:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey, Christine. How was CA? Jace said you were hit by a falling rock? I hope your arm is okay.

I picked up a pair of the booties on Saturday...they were a bit bulky for my playboat but they'll work like a charm in the creeker or I3. I could have made them work in the playboat but I was going to be in my boat for 3 hours and didn't want to take the chance. I think you'll like them--although I don't think they come in pink :)

Cheers,

Craig

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
It looks like you guys gave a nod to the excellent, extinct tokatees and improved on them. They look nice.

·
Front Range Swim Team
73 Posts
I have not yet found something that feels comfortable in the boat and is super secure on land.

Currently I am wearing Gamma Pros, in part due to a friends HUGE recommendation. I hate these things. They simply don't work for me. Does anyone want them? Used one time, great condition.

I just ordered a pair of Payettes from CKS. They should be here tomorrow, I hope they are as sweet as they look.

-Mack

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hey, Christine. How was CA? Jace said you were hit by a falling rock? I hope your arm is okay.
Freaking random! Ya a soccer ball size (or bigger) rock hit me from about 300 ft above when we were climbing out of a canyon on the N. F. of the Feather. My arm will be ok, I got it X-rayed today and nothing is broken, just badly brused. I will be good to go soon, I hope.

I did learn that I need better booties for climbing and portaging...the climb scared me a lot.

I will be checking out the booties this week.

-Christine

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I just went over to CKS and got a pair. The old nikes were duct taped together..

They fit true to a bit big on size I am a 12.5 to 13 and the 12's fit me well. Overall the best lookin boatin shoe I have seen in awhile..

I have not got them in the boat yet but walking around the house they are nice and let me tell ya these guys are not comming off your feet!

·
Registered
32 Posts
the 5.10 eicwe shoe is the best thing ever. fits into all my creek boats. sticks to anything you walk on. has enough support to run the black,, comfortably.. we need to get them to make these shoes agian.. or find me a pair of size 10's that have been thrown into the dark corner of your local paddle shop... mine have seen too many stinky days, and if i swim now im shurley gonna puke!

·
Registered
222 Posts
yes i know this thread is old. i hear these fit a bit weird. anybody else out there normally wear a 10-10.5? if so what do you wear in the payette?

·
Registered
790 Posts
I have found they fit true to size with a tiny bit of extra room, which is great if you occasionally wear a drysuit or socks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts