Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm looking for someone to accompany me down the Nantahala on 16 or 17 of Sept. I'm a novice, have a good roll, spent a good bit of time in the ocean surf, but only been on whitewater (class 2, hole in the Saluda river, Columbia SC) on 2 occassions. Have been described as an aggressive learner by the instructor I use (he also works for the County Parks & Rec Comm in Charleston, but teaches me privately).
I just want someone to accompany me down, just in case! Can be just one person, or a group who doesn't mind me tagging along. I am prepared to pay, but the reason I'm posting here is I'm not prepared to pay the rate NOC quoted me ($175 - I only want to run it once, not spend all day parking & playing).
If anyone will help me out I will definitley appreciate it! Call me (David) at 843 296 5083 or email me at [email protected].
Thanks!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Running the Nanty

Hello David,

My girlfriend and I are coming in from CO and we are planning to run the Nantahala on Sunday the 19th. If you can make it on Sunday you are more than welcome to join us. Let me know if you are interested.

Later,

Adam

·
Registered
70 Posts
Even if you,and allgood don't hook up,you can find lots of willing partners at the put in. The run is all class 2 with one class 3 (nantahala falls) at the very end of the run. Lots of beginners swim here,although it has been the sight of at least 2 deaths, there's a public take out before the falls if it freaks you out. I ran the falls on the right of the first hole,and punching it is also fun with a little speed. It's an easy/beautiful/fun run. Have fun. :lol:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nanty

It is really easy to find paddlers at the put in. The river is dam release and is an afternoon run. Might be worth checking at NOC about specific release times after Labor day. Have fun. It is a good river to do when you are learning. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts