Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
doesn't need a fake name
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, Natalie and I are back from the WWGP and we have started working through our photos and video from the trip. Natalie is writing a series of articles about the events in the WWGP, with a little more detail than the official videos had. Check out the first two on our blog at:

Leif and Natalie: WWGP Stage 1 - Gol Gol Enduro

Leif and Natalie: WWGP Stage 2: Puesco Boulder Dash

And keep checking back for more.

Also thanks to all the buzzards that donated money to help us travel to the Grand Prix.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Excellent!

·
Registered
966 Posts
Great write ups Natalie! Keep em coming!
I bet you're the only person to ever cite Science Daily on the Buzz! I was unaware of the didymo - thanks for the info.

Way to represent for Colorado!

Beth

·
doesn't need a fake name
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
About a year or so ago, they put the location up for a public vote, and the public voted for chile. Once that was set, yeah, not really any waves in chile, so just a race series. The 2013 wwgp will be back in quebec, with the freestyle/creek mix.

·
Registered
422 Posts
The logistics, travel, and high water must have made putting on the event in Chile a huge challenge. Strictly from a viewers perspective, I enjoyed following last year more. The down river freestyle venue was amazing.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I like the idea of different venues, they don't have to be logisitical nightmares. BC might be cool. Huge picturesque creek runs and playboating on the skook or one of the bigger water runs towards the interior. Or a high water idaho (top to bottom north fork marathon) then move to hood river for creeking would be plenty of action as well with some playboating possibilities. Not as large of waves as east canada but I think one or two playboating segments is enough to prove who is better all around.

I agree the downriver freestyle was sick. maybe down river huck/freestyle off celestial falls?

·
doesn't need a fake name
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, after watching the wwgp in chile, I think that the organization of the event is a learning experience that's still in process. I felt like Pat was too willing to listen to people. BC or idaho would be totally sick. Maybe for 2014 they'll just declare that it'll be there. The logistics in chile were pretty rough, and I think that people that voted online for the location weren't thinking at all about that stuff. It was pretty impressive that Pat and Emily and everyone involved managed to make the wwgp work so well.

Maybe some year they'll have the grand prix up on the Slave river, and have almost entirely freestyle. Probably not, though.

·
doesn't need a fake name
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Does this mean that there is going to be another Grand Prix in 3-4 months?
No official word yet. I've been stalking Pat Camblin on facebook, and he said that as soon as the rider of the year is wrapped up, he will look into his finances in more detail, and see if he will be able to make it happen. If it happens this year, it'll be in early may. However, it might be postponed until may 2014. He'll probably announce it in about 3 weeks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts