Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the habit of shooting video on most river days. Sometimes it's only POV, but other times I'll shoot handheld too.

And then, afterward, I watch them once and then almost never do anything with the clips.

Seems silly to not share them somewhere. Maybe we can make a game out of guessing where they were taken?

I'll start:

https://vimeo.com/304016765

Anyone know it?

Take a stab and then share your own.

·
Registered
214 Posts
You're right, Sunset Falls, EF Lewis. I think that Oregon just offers up so many classic drops they are easier to ID. I think I would have a hard time distinguishing a lot of the fast and confusing rapids in Idaho or Montana.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hmm that one is tough, It kind of looks like the Clackamas but the trees are maybe a bit wrong... Roadside on the right, Umpqua?

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
I can’t seem to get the picture to load better, sorry.

Question for mikesee, who did the wooden shaft on that paddle? How’s it working/holding up? What blades?

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I can’t seem to get the picture to load better, sorry.

Question for mikesee, who did the wooden shaft on that paddle? How’s it working/holding up? What blades?

Werner Sidekick blades, Mitchell wood shaft.

Peter Mitchell is a good friend and, when I broke my Werner on it's first day in use, he was happy to take my blades and install his bent wood shaft.

Yep, that sounds really funky...

He made clear when he did it that it was a one-time thing, and that he wasn't interested in doing it again.

I've got ~200 days on it over the past few years. I use it for roadside stuff as my 'beater', and I have a few breakdowns that I take for hike in/float out missions.

The main thing I notice with it -- especially this time of year -- is how much warmer the wood shaft is compared to anything else I've used.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts