Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sanborn Canoe Co. is running another contest. This time you get to participate a little more. We don't currently have a name for our beavertail paddle and we want you to help with that!

What do you think it should be named? If we pick your entry you win one of our beavertail paddles!

You can enter here - March Contest.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Got that one already

Castor. I sent them that one this morning. It's also French for Beaver. Great refference to the French Fur Traders that pioneered most of the rivers in early America and Canada.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Beaver

British Library, Harley MS 4751, Folio 9r

Beaver
Latin name: Castor
Other names: Bievre, Fiber
Hunted for its testicles, it castrates itself to escape from the hunter

General Attributes
The beaver is hunted for its testicles, which are valued for making medicine. When the beaver sees that it cannot escape from the hunter, it bites off its testicles and throws them to the hunter, who then stops pursuing the beaver. If another hunter chases the beaver, it shows the hunter that it has already lost its testicles and so is spared.

Allegory/Moral
If a man wishes to live chastely he must cut off all his vices and throw them from him into the face of the devil. The devil, seeing that the man has nothing belonging to him, will leave the man alone.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I thought it was a riot reading this site. here's the like if you want to read more on the bievre, fiber...
Medieval Bestiary : Beaver

The other references are similar but tell the folk lore of the topic...

·
Registered
450 Posts
nope...the paddle is mine and its new name is..."The Sanborn Canoe Co Guaranteed for LIFE Paddle" with its professional follow up the "Unconditional Guaranteed for LIFE Whitewater Kayak Paddle from Hell"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts