Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a visual on the NF South Platte. 784cfs in Waterton with only 338 cfs in SF South Platte + 0 cfs in the NF just doesn't add up. Bailey maybe? 285 travelers hook us up with a visual plllleeease.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I drove by Foxton today (Saturday). You could float a boat through the boulder garden, but it would be rough. I doubt there's enough in Bailey.

·
Registered
200 Posts
i bet theres more water coming out because they havn't turned the gauge on?????????

·
Registered
342 Posts
Good question! Looking at the USGS site for the North Fork at Bailey, it looks like they quit using the site on January 31 of this year. I could be wrong about this, but I think that they're only using the site at Pine above elk creek now and also the site at Grant. I'm not sure where Grant is, so I don't know if that would more closely represent the discharge at Bailey or if the site at Pine is more representative. The NF South Platte at Pine has 131 cfs as of Sunday morning, so it sounds like Bailey may not be a good option. As for the extra water, I have no idea other than tributary streams on the South Fork South Platte and possibly a small amount of water on the North Fork tributaries above Waterton Canyon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts