1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Charc in = charc out
475 Posts
evan, you should write for the weekly world news or the onion.

my vote for the name for that stupid little slide was "My Little Pony...OF DEATH!" ...

what a sham. what blatant disregard for reality/truth.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Canal creeking

Please tell me!!! Why will you guys not tell me!! Come on I deserve to know!!
I mean I read the post on mountainbuzz, and then read it on coloradokayaking.. So look at all the time I have invested in this canal!!!

You guys did all the first D work, but I had to sit there and read about it.. Look at all the work I have done!!!

Come on I really want to know!!! Pretty please, that canal looks sick!!

Fine don't tell me. I dont really want to know anyway..

·
Registered
178 Posts
So, you boys should drop a little more of a hint for some bored/dry laramie paddlers, like maybe which state/canal or maybe even just some directions would be nice.

Zach.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Zach or anyone else who wants in some of this canal action,
I recieved this email from Todd earlier today:

with regard to location, i think it should be the kind of thing where we/you/i TAKE people there. the put-in is definitely not intuitive & has a "no trespassing" sign prominently displayed. plus, you pretty much drive right over somebody's pasture land to get there. i'd think that by posting the location you could be opening yourself up to some potential legal issues. the thing to keep in mind is that the canal itself is private property & so is the land it runs through. not sure if you could tell, but i was nervous being out there yesterday, driving, changing clothes, & especially carrying our boats along side it twice ... i felt very exposed & was just waiting for some bumpkin to harass us.

signed,
the great protector of secret stashes

All of this beta is actually TRUE. In the end there really is a reason to keep this bad boy on the DL. TG has given me permission to post his private email account. You can email any questions you may have about directions to the M-canal, otherwise known as the T-canal directly to him @ [email protected]

Alright, now if you really have read this entire ridiculous post and you still want to go email me at [email protected]
I'm thinking about a return trip tommorrow.
Peace.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Dude, I feel as if you are being very deceptive about this whole post. Please sign your name, rank and location before posting anything else.

Gillman...shouldn't you be on crutches or something...I mean you just had knee surgery.

Gillman...will this be running this weekend? Call me if you go.

Later

·
Charc in = charc out
475 Posts
yeah, still recovering from my knee surgery. so, i wasn't even part of the canal trip that evan wrote about. i'm in bed popping vicodins & eating ben & jerry's.

i heard about that canal-creek though. sounds like the real deal, the bee's knees, the cat's meow. especially that My Little Pony ... OF DEATH!!! ... drop it like it's hawt.

tg

·
Charc in = charc out
475 Posts
hey benjamin, maybe you & your boy alex would be down for some contract work. i'm sure evan can allocate some funds from the colorado-kayaking-dotcom operations budget to hire you guys out for "security & intimidation" ... you know, since you guys are proven to excel at that sorta thing an' all. at least until evan can arrange for a local news crew to come out and do a little piece on the canal ...

in the meantime i'ma just keep on healin' up the knee & dreaming about doing some really awesome eskimo rolls, flatwater cartwheels & eddy-line tricks ... shudder rudder for life ...

·
Owner: Class 5 Carvings
621 Posts
Keep the M Canal a secret

For anyone who knows where this gem is, lucky you, your paddling in early march. Other than that I just have to say good luck, keep looking for your little treasure or mystery. Good job by the way for finding new water!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Seeing that it is somewhere between Fort Collins and Laramie, I think I can solve the mystery. First of all, it isn't going to be anywhere north of the last hill where you can see into the laramie valley. This ain't anywhere near Tie Siding ... judging by the pictures its definitely in CO ... probably somewhere between Livermore and Virginia Dale ...

Keep searching! UW'ers need something closer!

Yuengling_Ben

·
Registered
5 Posts
Whoops! That was already specified in the article ...

Tell ya this, Halligran? Reservoir ... hrmm ... has out have an output somewhere ... but so much water?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts