Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, starting April I will be able to boat every day.. Which means I need to come up with a few more paddle friends:) I work 3 days one week and 4 days the next and repeat which gives me two 3 day weekends a month off plus multiple weekdays.. Also as an added bonus this year the days I do work are going to be split shift which gives me a 5 hour mid day paddle break:p
I live in Gypsum so on the days I do work my options are limited to Shoshone, the Eagle(when it starts), and Gore creek .. As for the rest of the time its open..

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
WOW! I ask for a companion on the river and get no reply! But yet I get criticised for paddling alone? I don't understand Please explain...

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
I really want to do the Dolores Friday through Sunday but have no takers as of yet. Thought I'd find some rafters but it'd be fun to do as a short self-support, too. Game?

·
Registered
55 Posts
So you wanna weave together schedules?

What a guy! See, one paddler at a time, you're finding people to go boating with! My only suggestion would be a better title... one that grabs peoples attention as an opportunity to paddle regularly with someone who knows when & where to paddle... someone who's schedule is reliable and clear... then you're open to cooperate to make some fun days on the river happen!

·
Registered
950 Posts
Gotcha beat...I only work on fridays! So I'll be paddlin lots this summer! I'll ring you when we make it that way or if you wanna hit the poudre im me and stay a few days.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Count, If I can get my shift covered on Friday then I am game for the Dolores this weekend. I will verify and get back with you. What do you need me to bring?
970-977-0287

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
OK, starting April I will be able to boat every day.. Which means I need to come up with a few more paddle friends:) I work 3 days one week and 4 days the next and repeat which gives me two 3 day weekends a month off plus multiple weekdays.. Also as an added bonus this year the days I do work are going to be split shift which gives me a 5 hour mid day paddle break:p
I live in Gypsum so on the days I do work my options are limited to Shoshone, the Eagle(when it starts), and Gore creek .. As for the rest of the time its open..
Here's my summer schedule:
Monday: Work, then boat
Tuesday: Work, then boat
Wednesday: Work, then boat
Thursday: Work, then boat
Friday: Work, then boat
Saturday: boat
Sunday: boat

Somewhere in there I will have time for other things too! :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
I am very interested in the Dolores. I have nothing between thursday at 5 p.m. and tuesday morning except skiing and/or kayaking. Dirk, call me at 716-400-3772 tomorrow to talk about it, or pm me.

Max

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
I think flows will hold between 800 and 1200 until their little fish project in mid-April. I'll pm you guys.

D

·
Registered
47 Posts
I thought you were doing the embudo/upper T?

I need some more info on the Dolores trip before I decide between that and Gore/Pine Creek/Numbers/Skiing.

See you tonight.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The weather report also says

Kremmling: High of 42 on Friday, High of 41 and rain on saturday, 43 on sunday

Durango: High of 62 and sunny all weekend

·
Kjirsten
1,483 Posts
The Bradfield to Slickrock section of the Dolores can be done in 2 days (or even 1 if pushing), has the most difficult whitewater section (Snaggletooth IV-V), and was flowing at 1500 yesterday. Is considered class V over 2000cfs.
The weather report also says

Kremmling: High of 42 on Friday, High of 41 and rain on saturday, 43 on sunday

Durango: High of 62 and sunny all weekend

·
Super Moderator
2,843 Posts
I talked to a guy at the Dolores water district yesterday. They will post new info most thursdays, however this week's won't post 'til Monday. Sounds like they are already backing away from their original forecasts just a little bit.

Snaggletooth is not class V (until it's your raft wrapped out there). Super obvious and easy scout. One other drop approaches class IV. Several IIIs with miles of II. This is not a difficult run. It is a much better raft run than kayak run, but 3 mile is a hoot at high water. I remember some sweet splat rocks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts