Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 15.5' Saturn Raft from RM Rafts in March/April and have been extremely pleased with the boat and the service I received from Joe at RM.

I was a commercial river guide for 5 seasons, and a private boater for 4 seasons and have always wanted my own raft. Like most, a raft and gear was totally out of my financial reach. I balked and hemmed and hawed about buying a Saturn, but I finally decided that I was tired of waiting forever to own a raft (as the years slipped by) and realized I'll probably never have a spare 8K sitting around for a fully decked Maravia dream rig. Plus I had 2 friends who had older Saturns and were pleased and they do the same style of boating that I do. I have taken it down the S. Fork of the American, Middle Fork of the American (Tunnel Chute was a blast!), and 3 Steelhead fishing trips (I got the NRS fly-fishing frame) on the Trinity (easy floats) since I've had the boat and love it. Yeah, it's only been 6 months but in that 6 months I've been able to get on the water 5 more time than otherwise.

The newest Saturns have thicker rubber that extends higher on the sides/bow/stern, and have really nice nylon handles for carrying. I trust this raft for the type of boating I do (mostly multi-day float trips on Class III), but I did enjoy putting in the thwarts and running paddle boats on the American as well. I have had zero problems and am thrilled that I now actually have my own boat. Again, Joe at RM was great to work with as he helped me customize a flyfishing frame between NRS and DRE. No surprises and everything he said on the phone (I never met him and live in CA) turned out exactly as he stated. I think these boats have come a long way from a few years ago. I totally recommend them.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts