Mountain Buzz banner
81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Respectfully disagree.

You can run your spare oars pointing whichever way you like. I run mine pointing forward. However, I would shift them back a bit, so there isn't so much blade "out in the wind" (or waves, as it were).
Agreed. I run blade fwd too. The few times I've had to grab the spare I found it quicker to drop in the lock that way. Keep it up close to frame and blade parallelish? to the the tube

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
FWIW, when I worked on the Grand that was considered to be one of the biggest 'rookie' mistakes. I don't see how the direction your oar is facing makes any difference in changing out a broken oar, but to each their own. The other advantage of the handle up front IMO makes it easy to ship your oars inside the handles for parking or floating.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Haha! Derail! If you once where on team usa paddle crew or have cat boated classv (alot) then you can talk smack. Me I eat shit in class 2. Did I tell you guys that I broke 3 oars in my crash! No shit ! One was just gone but tether still there? Other busted shaft out where blade goes in and spare busted blade where in connects! Cataracts sgs or whatever.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Yup- Black Bridge down. I wanted to launch in Carbondale, but at current flows that would have taken up too much of my day.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
You definitely fly a lot of flags but I like them all! I have a white max 12 and it is awesome. I probably put a bit more elbow grease in with my sponge at the takeout but other than that I don’t worry about it.

·
Registered
715 Posts
My forever boat came this week. Took 2 weeks shy of one year from order to delivery, but worth the wait.
Pro 15 with custom U3 urethane, relocated logos, and 10” chafes on the main tubes.

Boat name will go on the front where the logos were moved from, D rings will go on the back where the logos were moved from.

I have a couple other little things to customize, but as I ordered it, I couldn’t be happier.
Plant Automotive exterior Comfort Grass Composite material

Plant Vehicle Tree Automotive exterior Recreation

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
My forever boat came this week. Took 2 weeks shy of one year from order to delivery, but worth the wait.
Pro 15 with custom U3 urethane, relocated logos, and 10” chafes on the main tubes.

Boat name will go on the front where the logos were moved from, D rings will on the back where the logos were moved from.

I have a couple other little things to customize, but as I ordered it, I couldn’t be happier.
Good call on moving the logos, when I went to add D-rings in the back my logos were kind of in the way and made me install them a little further back than I would have liked.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've read every Hyside post on this forum and asked everyone I know who rafts, yet I still can't decide on which Hyside to get. If anyone has more recommendations, please tell me.

I live in CO and only have experience with cats. I mainly do browns, numbers, colorado, grizzly, gunnison, etc. as R2, and on occasion I take 3 or 4. We do a few multi-day trips a season as well (usually up to 5 days on a phatcat with 4 people), so I'm not leaning towards anything larger than a 12'. My main debate is between a paddlecat, minimax, and 12' max.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've read every Hyside post on this forum and asked everyone I know who rafts, yet I still can't decide on which Hyside to get. If anyone has more recommendations, please tell me.

I live in CO and only have experience with cats. I mainly do browns, numbers, colorado, grizzly, gunnison, etc. as R2, and on occasion I take 3 or 4. We do a few multi-day trips a season as well (usually up to 5 days on a phatcat with 4 people), so I'm not leaning towards anything larger than a 12'. My main debate is between a paddlecat, minimax, and 12' max.
Max 12 seems to be your ticket. I'm also a Colorado boater and run may of the rivers named. Have minimax and pro 14. if I were only planning on having one boat it would be the max 12.

81 - 100 of 100 Posts