Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, thought I might ask this here....I have some pretty bad ringing in my ears. The onset has been insidious, however it is driving my nuts now. I had them looked at and the doc said I have the classic calcium build up or whatever in there, but can't attribute my tinnitus to that. But maybe he doesn't know enough about it. My question is this, have any of you that have the "surfer's/kayaker's ear" ever had loud ringing in your ears? If so, what did you do. THanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ringing in ears

My ears do the same thing. I don't know if its from kayaking or just loud college years but it didn't start until this year.

If I focus on it at night it bugs the crap out of me. I turn on a fan or get some other white noise to help me go to sleep.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I'm sure if you found the right doctor you could send them and email and ask.

There is the UK company that makes some special ($$$) ear plugs- molds of your ear. They're for surfers primarily. They do so much in this field I'd look them up and ask them if this is normal or if there is anything that could rectify it.

Personally, I have great luck with this kind of stuff in acupuncture. That is the first and likely the cheapest (outside of just sending emails) place I'd stop.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Did you see an ENT or your primary care? I would for sure look for a good ENT, as this should be able to be fixed, though not always. I would say pursue the hell out of it or your next stop may be the psych ward! If you are going to visit the coast any time soon (you live closer than I do) you may try to see a Dr there, as they will very likely have better insight than someone who is very landlocked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts