Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm moving to Seattle in two weeks and was wondering about the best way to find some new paddling partners in the area. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Bronwyn

·
no tengo
1,874 Posts
there is a yahoo group called pdxkayaker (which is portland) but there might be a seattle one also. don't worry though - lots of boaters.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Seattle info

Here's the link for the yahoo group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/seattlekayaker
The Washington Kayak Club is the main club and very active, www.washingtonkayakclub.org.
There are pool sessions every Wednesday night in north Seattle and on weekends in the winter at a bunch of locations.
This is an ugly year out there with the lack of snowpack, but the Sky runs year-round and there's always something going somewhere. Take your kayak to Westport for some ocean surfing or head up to Skook.
There aren't any kayak parks out there, and damn few park and play spots, but no shortage of great rivers and creeks. And, most years, no shortage of water.
Tell everyone hi for me.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I'll be moving up there in a year and will be looking for the same. Send me your email address and I'll contact you when I head up.

devans44 at hotmail dot com

·
Registered
2 Posts
from Seattle via Colorado

I am living in Seattle, although from Colorado originally. I have been there for two years and have some great people to paddle with. I'd be happy to help you find some boaters and water :) That may be tough right now....

Cheers.

Drop me an email [email protected]

·
Registered
81 Posts
I actually moved from Colorado 3 summers ago. This winter was bleak but there are some rivers that run all year. The Skykomish/The nooksack the Skagit. The Sky is the probably the most reliable and has a long Class III(IV) section known as boulder drop there are always paddlers out there even in Feb. The wenatchee is 2.5 hours drive and runs most of the summer 16miles of Class III. BC is a short drive and has abundant WW. The border crossing is a hassle but WW opportunities are endless. The Tieton river runs in late Aug/Sept for 6 weeks or so of late season dam releases. Really fun class III and a beautiful canyon with great camping. Always a bunch of people out there. I prefer the COlorado boating scene. the Washington kayak club doesn't seem to have much going on besides roll classes. The levels out here can fluctuate greatly with rain so some runs come up for a day or 2 then subside so you have to keep an eye on the flows. I have weekends and every weds off to play and would lov eto paddle with some Colorado people.
[email protected]

·
Registered
13 Posts
Let's go boating!

:D :D :D I recently moved to Naches, WA from Ft. Collins. It's about 2.5 hours from Seattle. I would love to hook up for some kayaking. The Wenatchee is suppost to be good, the Naches river is okay given the drought. Emial me and we'll hook up. [email protected].
Stephanie
:D :D :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
A lot of people from Colorado up here. I transplanted here almost a year ago. Boating is abundtant. The wenatchee would be a great place to meet a few locals this weekend. Big party on Sat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts