Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm moving to the denver area, castle rock. i don't know where all the whitewater parks and rivers are, so can anyone help me? thanks

·
Registered
335 Posts
Liam,
There is no water in Castle Rock,but you are about 30-45 minutes from the So.Platte via Sedalia;Chutes run II[III],Foxton on theN. Fk. III low to IV-high,Waterton III+ to IV w/play and long season.It will take you 1/2 hour to get into Denver +15 minutes to get to play parks at Union,Confluence,and Golden. Apx. 2 hours to Pueblo play or the lower Arkansas;Parkdale III and Royal Gorge III-IV. If you're looking for more advanced stuff there are many creeks within an hour or two of Denver.
Highly recomended that you buy 'Colorado Rivers and Creeks II" can be hard to find. Go to the playparks or Waterton on a weekend you'll meet some boaters.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Liam i live on that side of town. Not a big boating community down here in Douglas county but give a shout on this site when you get here and i will show you some of the stuff. Steve

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Check out coloradowhitewater.org. They have a message board too, which I'm sure you can find a link for on the main page. Good way to meet folks, but generally more beginner oriented. They do a lot of work promoting our sport, and dealing with access issues in Colorado, so good group to join regardless.

There's a yahoo group for beginners in Colorado too, but I don't know the link.

If you're looking for advanced stuff, best bet is here at the buzz - it won't be hard to tap in.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Not quite highschool, but CSM has a paddle club with a bunch of people, primarily 17-25.

COUNT

1 - 9 of 9 Posts