Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pueblo, that is. Not the best paddling town, but gotta pay for gas to travel somehow. Couple of questions: when does the season start, and what's the best way to get hooked up with someone to paddle with? I'm a SE class III/IV boater and will be out sometime in March.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Best place to meet people is here. Other best is probably the Pueblo WW park. You'll be an Ark valley regular. Season starts in mid march for most, but probably later this year since NM won't be running.

·
no tengo
1,873 Posts
welcome to Colorado.

please take a number at the put-in, when your number is called - you better throw down or get back in line!

please do not suck any water from the western slope to water your lawn and wash your H2. its OURS OURS! mwhaaaaa!

disclaimer - I am JOKING OK.

d

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess you'll see me at the back of the line. And as far as lawns and washing cars - too much work, and it cuts into play time.

Looking forward to some good people and some quality whitewater.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Hey dlcrow, pay no mind to the noise. We are a state that has been overrun with people moving here so there is some sensitivity. Get past that and come boating with us. We have pool sessions right now and we will start warming up on Parkdale and the ww park in Pueblo in March so send me a message when you are ready to go, dress warm and we will meet you at the putin.....and dont worry, no lines in March.

gh, ppwc

·
Registered
498 Posts
Hey mania. Lets get the facts straight. Your water goes to fill pools and wash Hummers in Phoenix :shock: . I wash my Escalade with Grand and Summit county water. :roll:. dlcrow welcome Pueblo isn't bad for a boater all kinds of fun just up the road (HWY 50 ). The club in the Springs and hanging at the Pueblo Park. Will get you the hook ups you're after. And as far as the buzz goes we all think we are funny , witty and smart(and in my case good looking). You may or maynot think so. sj

·
no tengo
1,873 Posts
sj said:
Hey mania. Lets get the facts straight. Your water goes to fill pools and wash Hummers in Phoenix
oh you are right - curse them!

actually this year i think our water has gone into global warming - we are looking grim - send some o that snow our way front rangers. i'll trade you for some sun.

·
Registered
498 Posts
a good season is still with inreach. I saw a weather report that had the jet stream dipping down south for the remainder of Feb and all of march. Which would create a regular weather pattern. We can only hope. sj

·
Registered
274 Posts
Actually, SJ, the prospect of receiving a signed, glossy 8"x10" of your "good-lookin'" self watering your lawn, washing your Escalade, and filling your pool with Mania's sweet sweet western-slope water-- attired, of course, in a pair of bright yellow crocs and a leopard-print banana-hammock-- would be my #1 motivation for moving to Colorado myself.

I'm just wondering where I can sign up, or if there'll be a line there, too?

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
I think we just stepped out of the boundry's of good taste.

·
Registered
498 Posts
See dlcrow a bunch of real comediens :shock: . Newby I am laughing to hard to to come up with a witty reply. You obbviously have been into your guests "things". Thanks for the laugh. sj

·
Registered
274 Posts
gh - If you're looking for "good taste," you're obviously frequenting the wrong website! ;)

LOL... nah, I was just having a little fun at Steve's expense. I'll lay off the hijack now, and let you guys put your world back together without any more mental images of velvet-neon bananaslings in it. :D

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
wasnt complaining....just indicating where it went south...observing i guess

·
Registered
113 Posts
damn....almost forgot my password it's been so long since I've been to buzzard land......

just for the record.....that west slope water makes its way all the way down here to arky land......Upper Roaring Fork-Lake Creek-Arkansas-Little Rock. I think I will go wash my truck today down at the river.....I love knowing I'm using up Aspen's water. :lol:

just for the record da-ja-vu......I've paddled with a bunch of CO boaters and I don't think one of 'um was born there so don't let any of these guys or gals tell a newcomer from another state that it's "their turf".

ps again....don't EVER follow gh's line thru Wallslammer in the Gorge. :twisted:

tommy

·
Registered
374 Posts
Jones,
I am sure I can find an incriminating pic or 2 from a few years back, thank God none with leopard print and dental floss.

Steve.

·
no tengo
1,873 Posts
how come any thread newby is involved in always goes to two pages or more? i think we all want her to move here.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Wellllll Tomcat awakens......and by the way I was born in Colorado so easy there buddy. On the wallslammer line i will say this, they call it wallslammer so i thought the preferred line was to slam the wall, they should call it left turn before hitting the wall or something like that.
Thought about you the other day, flew to Memphis and could see the Ark down below and thought hey we should use more of that water instead of wasting it on the State of Arkansas, LOL.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Nah, Cecil... every now and then I do have some real work that has to get done around here :D . But if you guys make it over to that North Alabama Whitewater Fest that's being pimped around here so much lately, I'll be there signing autographs. ;)

Granted, they'll be pics SJ's bananasling I'm signing, but it'll be autographs nonetheless!!

For whatever it's worth, though, I have missed you guys!

xoxox,
- Newby

(disclaimer: I'm completely unaffiliated with the nice folks putting together the NAWF)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts