Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am thinking about moving to Colorado, I lived in Gunnison (I hated it, way to small of a town for me personally) for a few months, about three years ago. Since then I graduated college and am bored with North Carolina. So I am wondering what are some good paddling towns/cities to consider moving too, that would also have a good music scene and a pretty active community. I know its a lot to ask for, but if anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
-Rob

·
Registered
451 Posts
To narrow it down a bit you have 2 major choices; Live on the front range with all the amenities of big cities and some decent boating or live in the mountains where there is lots of cool towns and short drives to board, boat and bike. Do some searches on here and find plenty of threads on this subject.

·
Super Moderator
4,836 Posts
Sounds like you belong on the front range...check out Golden (clear creek) and Ft. Collins (cache la poudre). They both have more of a music and social scene than most mountain towns.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I know where you are coming from I live in Gunny and hated it. Moved to Durango and had a blast. Some music if that is you focus check out fort collins or boulder

·
Registered
770 Posts
Fort Collins has good food, the poudre river is a short drive away, great ski resorts anywhere from 2 to 3 hours away, some decent mountain biking, and old town is always fun. Hope the mountain trolls don't strike me down... damn trolls

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks

Thanks for the responses ya'll, it gives me some good ideas about where to start looking. I'll watch out for those mountain trolls. lol

-Rob

·
Registered
141 Posts
So I am wondering what are some good paddling towns/cities to consider moving too, that would also have a good music scene and a pretty active community. I know its a lot to ask for, but if anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.
Good paddling towns? The paddling season around here (Fort Collins) is only about 3 months that's including some low water paddling that some people dont even bother with. I think if paddling is your thing there are certainly better places to live with more water... If you dont believe me check the flows for this summer (an exceptional year) on the poudre:
Rock Reports | Poudre Rock Report

·
Registered
834 Posts
If you hated Gunnison I wouldn't move all the way out here. But that is just me.

You sound like you need to be entertained. Totally reminds me of Nirvana's "Teen Spirit". You sound like you need a city. I wouldn't move to Colorado for a city. Most of the paddlers on the Front Range wish they lived in the mountains, in some place like Gunnison or Crested Butte, but they can't get a job there because they are all in the city so they live in the city and make do.

What is wrong with NC? "bored with it"??? NC has tons of paddling, you have the best surf on the East Coast. I think it would be crazy to move all the way to Colorado if you don't like small-town Colorado. Not sure what you are looking for, but it doesn't sound like creeks and mountains.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts